I have added the feeds for The Bionic Braod's Low-Carb blog (thebionicbroad.blogspot.com). This blog is a bit newer than what I would normally add. But, the author is quite prolific and has some excellent things to say.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Note: Blog feeds are below this post.
I have decided to start compiling a monthly list of my favorite posts (or podcasts) from other people's weightloss blogs. My choices are based on my personal whims and interests. Hopefully some of you will find them equally interesting.
The best of April:
- Unforseen Consequences of a Low Carb Diet from Wifezilla's Way. Social and marital issues related to dining with friends and family.
- Crazy Uncle Larry from Low Carb Confidential. Do you think of yourself as a crackpot? As crackpots go, we low carbers ... do stand out in a crowd, especially if we are at an event where food is being served - then it’s hard to hide.
- What Does Your Body Fat Percentage Mean? from Kudos for Low Carb. Knowing your body fat percentage is an important key to health.
- Stepping Into the Pasture, My First Encounter with Graze Anatomy from Low Carb Confidential. Apparently grass fed livestock has more nutrients than grain fed. I'd always grown up hearing how much better grain fed was. Once again, what we "know" is turned upside down.
- Cheat Day #2 from Kudos for Low Carb. Carol discusses her attempt at the "Cheat to Lose Diet". I really need to read this book. It reminds me a bit of the carb cycling experiments that my wife and I did last summer.
- Week#44: Down by another -2 lbs. for a total of -100 lbs. from Brian Cormier's LowcarbDude.com (that's 45 kilograms to you non-Americans). Does low carb work? Enough said! Congratulations dude.
- What Should We Change? from Hold the Toast Press. Dana discusses how critics often call low-carb a "fad diet".
- The Drinking Man's Diet from Low Carb Confidential. Discusses a low carb diet book that pre-dates Atkins.
- Stop this Crazy Merry-Go-Round or Hold My Hair Back from The Lighter Side of Low-Carb. This is a huge hodge-podge post. The best parts begin at the title "I am saying Goodbye to Atkins". Cleochatra describes Dr. Thompson's Low Glycemic Plan. She peaked my interest... So, I went right out and bought Dr. Thompson's book. Now, she recants in another post and goes back to Atkins! But really, doesn't low-carb imply a low glycemic load anyway?
- Drs. Mike and Mary Dan Eades Podcast Interview Part 1 (Episode 133) from The Livin La Vida Low-Carb Show. Topics include the Drs. Eades new book, middle age weightloss, fat vs. protein, and resistance training.